During the qualification you will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the fitness environment.
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
- Professionalism for fitness instructing.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Our courses are run on a one-to-one, face to face, basis with added online support. The course will need a fair amount of self-motivation to learn and carry out course work when not with your Tutor/Assessor to revise for set exams and practical sessions.
Course Units –
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
- Multiple Choice Exams
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
- Other Level 2 and 3 technical qualifications in related subject