During the qualification you will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is ideal but in no way necessary
- The course requires physical participation therefore a basic level of fitness will be required
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved so please take this into account
Our courses are run on a one-to-one, face to face, basis with added online support. The course will need a fair amount of self-motivation to learn and carry out course work when not with your Tutor/Assessor to revise for set exams and practical sessions.
Course Units –
Level 2 Units –
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
Level 3 Units –
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical condition
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainer
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
- Multiple Choice Exams
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
- Other Level 3 and 4 technical qualifications in related subjects
You may also progress onto qualifications in the sector, such as Sports Massage Therapy, where you will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice Sports Massage Therapy alongside Personal Training in a Health Club environment, clinic or in a self-employed role.
With our included on-going support, we will guide you through the set up and initial growth of your business and beyond.